Nihi Sumba Island was recently voted the #1 Hotel in the World for the 2nd year in row by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine. As our company continues to grow, we’re looking for dynamic, experienced and energetic individuals to join us. These highly talented and internationally experienced candidates will join an incredibly talented team on-location, to grow our business even further.
We are looking to fill the following positions*:
Director of Marine Activities & Services
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will manage day-to-day strategic Marine activities, which include all daily procedures, programs and activities performed by the Nihi Boathouses; Daily management of upwards of 30 staff with varying job descriptions, all focusing on excelling in safety and customer service with the resort activities and programs, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s high service standards.
- Develops, directs and manages all Marine Departmental activities to maximize revenues
- Be very much a business strategic focused manager who will lead by example to the team (spending the majority of their time directing Operations, installing systems and procedures, and ensuring SOP’s are created and rolled out)
- Excellent guest contact skills, energetic and a great team player
- A task-master with very strong leadership, managerial and administrative abilities.
- Manage all staff that run the Boathouses, train and develop to world class levels.
- Creative development of the overall Marine programmes for resort guests, including design and scripting of all tours, programs, activities, rentals, and experiences.
- Coordinate activities with other departments such as Guest Experiences, Marketing (in house activities book, web-site), Food & Beverage (snacks & beverages), Guest Relations (reservations bookings, availability, billing, guest information) as needed.
- Attaining profitability and quality goals by developing and executing marketing strategies, up selling strategies, controlling costs, and by providing quality service and products to guests.
- Supervises and manages all Marine & Boathouse Assets, securing and maintaining all necessary equipment as well as support gear needed to operate the department, including all Boats, and maintain accurate service & maintenance records.
- Implement and manage an Operating Budget for the boathouse, budgeting with a goal of maximising efficiency and in accordance with resort standards.
- Hiring and training supporting staff and supervisors for all Marine positions and assist with the hiring for all boathouses program positions to Nihi standards.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling of staff in the Boathouses’ and management of employee hours to business volumes (includes managing overtime).
- Develop annually the Resort Activity menu and one-sheet for distribution to resort guests via email, website, and print methods.
- Develop and implement 100% safety procedures, including minimum age requirements, and specific use guidelines for all activities.
- Provide guests with a supreme Marine experience by focusing on exceptional guest service standards
- Must be very organized, and extremely detailed, able to multitask several functions and manage all Guest activities with departmental heads concerned.
- Strong Management Skills, Leadership.
- College Degree in either Marine Recreation or development, Resort Management, or related field of study, or minimum of three years of Recreation Management, ideally in a Resort setting.
- Knowledge & experience in Boat Asset Management
- Three years minimum of demonstrated experience with managing competing priorities, complex staff assignments, ideally in a resort setting
- Excellent command of English, excellent Customer relations skills, communication skills, organizational skills & Stress management
- Licensure/Permits Required: Valid Driver’s License, certified in CPR, and basic first aid or higher level of medical training; Life Saving certifications are welcomed.
- Competent in many aspects of Marine Recreational activities
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware or Software: Extensive computer knowledge and keyboard skills. Demonstrated proficiency specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet. Prior experience with Property Management systems
- Experience working in remote areas
We’re looking for a highly talented, creative, innovative and experienced individual who’ll be able to take our incredible food quality & service standards to even higher levels.
- Access to fantastic local and international produce, and a quality supportive team already in place and responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen, and will manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen team
- Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions
- Be very much a ‘hands-on’ manager who will lead by example to the team
- Energetic and great team player
- Work closely with the Director of F&B to upgrade the overall culinary product quality
- Coordinates and creates new menus, purchasing, staffing and food preparation for the property’s restaurant daily
- Control and analyses sales, costs, issuing of food, quality and presentation of food products, condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment, guest satisfaction and culinary marketing
- Works with the Management Team to improve guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining, and delicately balancing the operating budget
- Must ensure perfect hygiene, sanitation and food standards are achieved
- Work with the Human Resources department for all the employees development programs and HR requirements
- Completion of an associate degree, Bachelor or equivalent from an accredited culinary or hospitality school
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Executive Sous, Head or Executive Chef in a multi outlets, up market, world class branded hotel, resort or cruise ship
- Excellent command of English plus great presentation & communication skills
- Hands-on professional with a solid food & beverage background and the passion for quality and excellence
- Positive energetic attitude, good communication skills, committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Experience working in remote areas
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will assist Boathouse Manager in day-to-day Boathouse activities, which include all daily procedures, programs and activities preformed and hosted by the Nihi – Sumba Boathouses, daily management of upwards of 28 staff with varying job descriptions all focusing on excelling in safety and customer service with the resort activities and programming in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s high service standards.
- Assist the Boathouse manager in developing, directing all Boathouse Department activities to maximize revenue
- Be very much a ‘hands-on’ to the team on the ground
- Excellent guest contact skills, energetic and great team player
- Assist Boathouse manager to manage the staff that run the Boathouses, train and develop the staff to world class levels
- Assist to coordinate activities with other departments such as marketing (in house activities book, web-site), food & beverage (snacks & beverages), guest relations (reservations bookings, availability, billing, guest information) as needed
- Assist Boathouse Manager in developing and executing marketing strategies, up selling strategies, controlling costs, and by providing quality service and products to guests
- Assist to supervises all assets & areas, secure and maintain all necessary equipment as well as support gear needed to operate the department, including all boats, and maintain accurate service records
- Assist to develop and implement safety procedures, including minimum age requirements, and specific use guidelines for all activities
- Provide guests with a supreme Marine Guest experience by focusing on exceptional guest service standards
- Must be very organized, detailed, able to multitask several functions and assist all Guest activities with Boathouse Manager
- College Degree in Recreational Activities or related fields of study
- Minimum three years experiences in a similar field
- Good command of English, Excellent Customer relations skills, communication skills, organizational skills & Stress management
- Licensure/Permits Required: Valid Driver’s License, certified in CPR, and basic first aid or higher level of medical training
- Competent in many aspects of Ocean Recreational activities
- Experience working in remote areas
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will support the Director of Engineering, in managing the day-to-day Resort maintenance, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s very high attention to detailed standards.
- In the absence of the Director of Engineering, the Chief Engineer will act as the role of DOE
- Understands mechanical, electrical and civil mechanics
- Establish and implement “Safe and Sound” procedures such as life safety manuals, business continuity plan, safety, emergency and standard operating procedures
- Participate in the development and implementation of engineering Resort systems and maintenance budget (including energy cost, consumption and Capex)
- Oversee performance, development and coaching of Engineering Colleagues
- Degree in engineering such as Mechanical, Electrical, and Building Services
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a 5-star hotel environment, including 2 years as Chief Engineer, Assistant Director of Engineering or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of all hotel operations of engineers and maintenance departments.
- Has experience or desire to working in remote areas
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to the staff of Nihi Sumba Island, the Sumbanese people and Nihi Sumba Island’s high profile guests, please send your cv and motivational letter to email@example.com