Nihi Sumba Island was recently voted the #1 Hotel in the World for the 2nd year in row by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine. As our company continues to grow, we’re looking for dynamic, experienced and energetic individuals to join us. These highly talented and internationally experienced candidates will join an incredibly talented team on-location, to grow our business even further.
We are looking to fill the following positions*:
Director of Marine activities & services
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will manage day-to-day strategic Marine activities, which include all daily procedures, programs and activities performed by the Nihi Boathouses; Daily management of upwards of 30 staff with varying job descriptions, all focusing on excelling in safety and customer service with the resort activities and programs, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s high service standards.
- Develops, directs and manages all Marine Departmental activities to maximize revenues
- Be very much a business strategic focused manager who will lead by example to the team (spending the majority of their time directing Operations, installing systems and procedures, and ensuring SOP’s are created and rolled out)
- Excellent guest contact skills, energetic and a great team player
- A task-master with very strong leadership, managerial and administrative abilities.
- Manage all staff that run the Boathouses, train and develop to world class levels.
- Creative development of the overall Marine programmes for resort guests, including design and scripting of all tours, programs, activities, rentals, and experiences.
- Coordinate activities with other departments such as Guest Experiences, Marketing (in house activities book, web-site), Food & Beverage (snacks & beverages), Guest Relations (reservations bookings, availability, billing, guest information) as needed.
- Attaining profitability and quality goals by developing and executing marketing strategies, up selling strategies, controlling costs, and by providing quality service and products to guests.
- Supervises and manages all Marine & Boathouse Assets, securing and maintaining all necessary equipment as well as support gear needed to operate the department, including all Boats, and maintain accurate service & maintenance records.
- Implement and manage an Operating Budget for the boathouse, budgeting with a goal of maximising efficiency and in accordance with resort standards.
- Hiring and training supporting staff and supervisors for all Marine positions and assist with the hiring for all boathouses program positions to Nihi standards.
- Responsible for weekly scheduling of staff in the Boathouses’ and management of employee hours to business volumes (includes managing overtime).
- Develop annually the Resort Activity menu and one-sheet for distribution to resort guests via email, website, and print methods.
- Develop and implement 100% safety procedures, including minimum age requirements, and specific use guidelines for all activities.
- Provide guests with a supreme Marine experience by focusing on exceptional guest service standards
- Must be very organized, and extremely detailed, able to multitask several functions and manage all Guest activities with departmental heads concerned.
- Strong Management Skills, Leadership.
- College Degree in either Marine Recreation or development, Resort Management, or related field of study, or minimum of three years of Recreation Management, ideally in a Resort setting.
- Knowledge & experience in Boat Asset Management
- Three years minimum of demonstrated experience with managing competing priorities, complex staff assignments, ideally in a resort setting
- Excellent command of English, excellent Customer relations skills, communication skills, organizational skills & Stress management
- Licensure/Permits Required: Valid Driver’s License, certified in CPR, and basic first aid or higher level of medical training; Life Saving certifications are welcomed.
- Competent in many aspects of Marine Recreational activities
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware or Software: Extensive computer knowledge and keyboard skills. Demonstrated proficiency specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet. Prior experience with Property Management systems
- Experience working in remote areas
GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER
We’re searching for a highly energetic, positive, wonderful personality who will support all property operations, ensuring the highest levels of Guest Hospitality and Service are provided. Manages the communication and flow of all pre arrival information, queries, and ensures Guests have a flawless Resort stay while with us. This person will also track and resolve departmental service issues, and be the Manager of all Guest History data collection and dispersion.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
- Provides service that is above and beyond customer satisfaction and expectations.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching where needed.
- Intervenes in any guest situation as required, to insure the integrity and brand of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved at all costs, and employee wellbeing is preserved.
- Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality and interpersonal skills.
- Interacts with Guests on a daily regular basis throughout the property, to obtain feedback on all quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction. Records guest issues in the guest response tracking system.
- Manages all discussions with all Guests pre arrival, noting any special information, communicating this to all departmental heads, and ensuring follow up at all times.
- Acts as the primary link between Guests and Resort Staff, Management, and Nihi Brand
- Minimum of 5 years experiences in a similar role, with quality previous experiences in a five star International Resort Brands.
- Excellent command of English plus excellent presentation & communication skills
- Hands-on professional with a solid Guest/Customer service background and the passion for quality and excellence
- Has excellent organisational skills.
- Has experience & desire to working in beautiful, remote areas.
- Should have a college / university degree graduate or similar in Hospitality field.
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will support the Director of Engineering, in managing the day-to-day Resort maintenance, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s very high attention to detailed standards.
- In the absence of the Director of Engineering, the Chief Engineer will act as the role of DOE
- Understands mechanical, electrical and civil mechanics
- Establish and implement “Safe and Sound” procedures such as life safety manuals, business continuity plan, safety, emergency and standard operating procedures
- Participate in the development and implementation of engineering Resort systems and maintenance budget (including energy cost, consumption and Capex)
- Oversee performance, development and coaching of Engineering Colleagues
- Degree in engineering such as Mechanical, Electrical, and Building Services
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a 5-star hotel environment, including 2 years as Chief Engineer, Assistant Director of Engineering or equivalent
- Must have knowledge of all hotel operations of engineers and maintenance departments.
- Has experience or desire to working in remote areas
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will support the Executive Chef with daily Food preparation and staff management, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s very high attention to detailed standards.
The Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in managing his / her assigned kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center.
- The role is responsible for preparing great food in accordance with portion and quality standards, specified by recipes, with great attention to detail.
- Needs to have strong leadership skills, and determined focus on staff development
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Sous Chef in an upscale hotel, resort
- Thorough knowledge of modern cooking techniques
- Experience in training and working with a diverse workforce is imperative.
- Positive attitude, good communication skills, committed to delivering a high level of food service
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will support the Director of Finance, in managing the day-to-day accounting operations on Sumba Island, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLANDS very high attention to detail standards.
- Support Director of Finance to lead and manage the Finance team on Nihi Sumba Island.
- Responsible for the review and verification all financial reports in order to ensure proper authorization in compliance with the applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and verify the Night Auditors logbook, Daily Revenue Report and daily Food & Beverage reports with supporting vouchers and trial balances.
- Distribute daily reports after obtaining Director of Finance / Financial Controller’s approval
- Review rate variance reports in order to ensure the correct rates are applied
- Review the city ledgers and credit card transfers of the day, and pass the same to the Accounts Receivable
- Audit the daily Cash Summary and update General Cashier’s report
- Review overages and shortages of Cashiers and take appropriate action, and review Front Office foreign exchange rates as and when required
- Conduct float counting of all house fund holders on a weekly basis, and prepare a monthly float count summary
- Understanding Hotel Operations , teamwork and supervising people
- Degree in Hotel Management or Accounting, and at least one year previous experience within a hotel environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of VHP system would be seen as favourable.
- Analytical, pragmatic thinker with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Result oriented, able to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment and maintain a fair, consistent set of standards.
- Proactive and flexible.
- Has experience or desire to working in remote areas
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will assist Boathouse Manager in day-to-day Boathouse activities, which include all daily procedures, programs and activities preformed and hosted by the Nihi – Sumba Boathouses, daily management of upwards of 28 staff with varying job descriptions all focusing on excelling in safety and customer service with the resort activities and programming in accordance with NIHI SUMBA ISLAND’s high service standards.
- Assist the Boathouse manager in developing, directing all Boathouse Department activities to maximize revenue
- Be very much a ‘hands-on’ to the team on the ground
- Excellent guest contact skills, energetic and great team player
- Assist Boathouse manager to manage the staff that run the Boathouses, train and develop the staff to world class levels
- Assist to coordinate activities with other departments such as marketing (in house activities book, web-site), food & beverage (snacks & beverages), guest relations (reservations bookings, availability, billing, guest information) as needed
- Assist Boathouse Manager in developing and executing marketing strategies, up selling strategies, controlling costs, and by providing quality service and products to guests
- Assist to supervises all assets & areas, secure and maintain all necessary equipment as well as support gear needed to operate the department, including all boats, and maintain accurate service records
- Assist to develop and implement safety procedures, including minimum age requirements, and specific use guidelines for all activities
- Provide guests with a supreme Marine Guest experience by focusing on exceptional guest service standards
- Must be very organized, detailed, able to multitask several functions and assist all Guest activities with Boathouse Manager
- College Degree in Recreational Activities or related fields of study
- Minimum three years experiences in a similar field
- Good command of English, Excellent Customer relations skills, communication skills, organizational skills & Stress management
- Licensure/Permits Required: Valid Driver’s License, certified in CPR, and basic first aid or higher level of medical training
- Competent in many aspects of Ocean Recreational activities
- Experience working in remote areas
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to the staff of Nihi Sumba Island, the Sumbanese people and Nihi Sumba Island’s high profile guests, please send your cv and motivational letter to email@example.com