NIHI SUMBA ® was voted the #1 Hotel in the World two years in a row by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine.
As our company continues to expand, we are looking for dynamic, experienced and energetic individuals to join us.
We are currently looking to fill these key positions on-site our property in Sumba, Indonesia, with a view of growing and developing our key people within the company.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
We are searching for a highly energetic, passionate personality who will manage both the daily as well as strategic tasks of our Human Resources Department, in accordance with NIHI SUMBA’s high service standards.
- As part of the Executive Committee and with a direct reporting line to the General Manager, the HR Director is responsible for developing the resort’s HR strategy in conjunction with the mission, goals and objectives of the brand.
- Establishes and disseminates across the organisation:
- The organization structures.
- HR Policies and procedures.
- Recruitment system.
- Induction and Orientation procedures.
- Training procedures.
- Performance Appraisal system.
- Transfer and promotion procedures.
- Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
- Develops staffing policies.
- Conducts training for managers in HR specialty areas (recruitment; effective roster costing; appraisals, etc)
- Assist Department Heads in customizing job descriptions.
- Develops a reward and recognition system.
- Perform the role of adviser, consultant and counsellor to management and staff
- Develop strategies to correct operational problems relating to staff (including absenteeism, turnover, retention, morale etc)
- Manage industrial relations issues of the resort.
- Manage workers compensation and rehabilitation and medical insurance.
- Manage the Resort superannuation scheme.
- Develop and implement procedures for handling disciplinary and grievance interviews
- Establish relationships with external organizations including government training. agencies; training consultants; private training providers and professional associations
- Provide advice to the General Manager and Managing Director which will assist in the meeting of strategic objectives.
- Manage the legal issues of the department.
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external sources, including Bali office.
- Maintain remuneration scales in accordance with financial objectives.
- Plan bonus, commission and incentive schemes for relevant staff.
- Ensures comprehensive and regular staff communication sessions.
- Prepares efficient work schedules considering the Resort and labor requirements.
- Approves leave after considering Resort requirements.
- Works with Managing Director and Finance Controller in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget.
- Build and improve relationship with community officers such as Labor District, Police, Environmental bodies and educational institutes.
- Interacts with guests and individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, current and potential clients, owning company representatives, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field.
- At least five years of professional experience across all HR disciplines.
- Excellent command of English, communication skills and organizational skills.
- Understand and have a full knowledge of Manpower regulations.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Experiences working in remote areas.
We’re looking for a highly talented, innovative and experienced individual who will be able to take our food quality & service standards to even higher levels.
- As part of the Executive Committee the Executive Chef is responsible for the operation in all kitchens.
- Management of food cost, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen team.
- Works closely with the Director of F&B to upgrade the overall culinary product quality
- Develop new dishes and roll out new menus.
- Plan and manage budgets of all outlets.
- Develop systems that effectively control sales, costs, quality and presentation of food products, condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment, guest satisfaction and culinary marketing.
- Works with the Management Team to improve guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining, and delicately balancing the operating budget.
- Must ensure perfect hygiene, sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Work with the Human Resources department for all the employee’s development programs and HR requirements.
- Completion of an associate degree, Bachelor or equivalent from an accredited culinary or hospitality school.
- At least of 5 years’ experience as Executive Chef or Sous, a multi outlets, up market, world class branded hotel, resort or cruise ship.
- Excellent command of English plus great presentation & communication skills
- Hands-on professional with a solid food & beverage background and the passion for quality and excellence.
- Positive energetic attitude, good communication skills, committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Experience working in remote areas.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to the staff of Nihi Sumba, the Sumbanese people and Nihi Sumba’s high profile guests, please send your cv and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org