NIHI SUMBA® was voted the #1 Hotel in the World two years in a row by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine.
As our company continues to expand, we are looking for dynamic, experienced and energetic individuals to join us.
We are currently looking to fill these key positions on-site our property in Sumba, Indonesia, with a view of growing and developing our key people within the company.
Director of Sales (North America)
- To be responsible sales of Nihi Sumba for the North American market.
- To be proactive in selling and maximizing revenue in this market within a mutually agreed expense budget
- To maintain and increase existing business as well as the development of new business on an annual basis.
- To ensure that all business partners are updated at all times with comprehensive information on The Resort’s products, activities, and promotions.
- To be commercially aware about the market and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all technological, economic and client-specific changes that may affect our business.
- To create increased awareness of the Resort in your region.
- Excellent client communication skills, able to work effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining strong relationships with Heads of Departments, GM/MD, Managing Partner, and with other divisions of the owner’s companies
- Possess strong financial and business acumen.
- Possess excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to plan, think ahead, and react to business and industry changes quickly and effectively.
- Proven excellent management, motivational powers, and team relationship skills are essential.
- Good grooming, image and personal style that reflects and embodies the Resort philosophy / brand is crucial.
- To be held accountable for Nihi Sumba Resort’s Regional Sales budget.
- To seek potential business, and communicate and discuss the prospects with the General Manager and Managing Partner.
- To measure existing and potential business in revenue alongside the General Manager, in order to set realistic and time bound objectives.
- To have up-to-date knowledge on the competitor’s products and the resort’s position within the market.
- To Issue contract rates to potential and existing travel partners.
- To participate in Nihi Sumba Resort Sales and marketing meetings and conduct your own meetings with property managers, GM, etc.
- To develop and maintain active relationships with Travel Agents, and Leading Hotels of the World’s offices etc.
- To attend appointed (and approved) trade shows, when budgets allow.
- To maintain the client database for the Region
- To contribute in developing marketing tools locally when required (i.e. presentations, flyers, and collaterals).
- To ensure efficient and effective use of the account management system, making sure that all records are kept up-to-date and are accurate.
- To work closely with Related Department Heads, DOS, GM, Managing Director, and Managing Partner to devise pricing plans.
- To be fully aware of industry and market changes within the Region and communicate these in a timely and effective manner to property managers and the GM.
- To maintain relationships with business partners, updating their product knowledge by undertaking sales calls, sales blitzes, courtesy calls, and other correspondence.
- To ensure that business partners’ requests are followed up and responded to immediately, i.e. no later than 24 hours. If a final response cannot be given, then a notification should be sent and a reasonable response date should be mentioned.
- To host site inspection for business partners if on site.
- To handle group arrangements and reservations, liaising with the reservation department for larger group bookings.
- To at all times remain updated with the changes of Nihi Sumba Resort and communicate necessary information to relevant business partners.
- To develop packages, campaigns, and special offers that is relevant to the market and season with approval from the Managing Partner.
- To assist and arrange media visits and photo shoots within Nihiwatu Resort, liaising with the respective departments for any special arrangements.
- To host VIP business partners together with or in the absence of the General Manager (if on site).
- To generate creative and practical solutions to sales management problems that may be unit specific, and align activity to strategy, ensuring best practice use of sales research and other inputs.
- To continuously train and coach the team on sales, product, and market related matters.
- To gain approval for sales related expenses from the Managing Director or Managing Partner.
- To project a positive and professional image with both clients and colleagues likely to promote the goodwill of Nihi Resorts.
- To contribute to the development of the Bali sales office functions, procedures and day-to-day organization.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to the staff of Nihi Sumba, the Sumbanese people and Nihi Sumba’s high profile guests, please send your cv and motivational letter to email@example.com