NIHI SUMBA was voted the #1 Hotel in the World two years in a row by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine. As our company continues to expand, we are looking for dynamic, experienced and energetic individuals to join us.
If you believe you have what it takes to make a difference to the staff of NIHI Sumba, the Sumbanese people and NIHI Sumba’s high profile guests, please send your CV and motivational letter to [email protected].
Food & Beverage Director directs and oversees all aspects of the organization's food and beverage planning and service, with duties to include menu planning and costs, preparation and presentation of food and drinks, and adherence to quality and safety standards. Plans, coordinates, and oversees special events.
- Must have a minimum of three years previous Food & Beverage supervisory/management experience in a luxury hotel environment.
- Must be proficient in MICROS, knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written), and be extremely guest focused.
- Must have attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task; follow up and leadership skills required.
- European training/experience is PLUS
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college with a focus in hospitality, or technical school; or two to four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Director of Food and Beverage reports directly to General Manager is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Food and Beverage outlets, assuring that resort’s service standards are met and guest expectations exceeded. Additional responsibility but not limited to:
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labour costs and profitability.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage Prices in relation to competition.
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing and sales activities
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- To co-ordinate and confirm all details with all large group meeting/banquet planners their specific group requirements with the services & facilities offered.
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy and timeliness (48 hours)
- Completion of monthly forecast.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Regional Director of Culinary.
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required.
- Assure bar inventory for functions, including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Assure the ordering and purchasing of beer, wine, liquor, premix canisters and canned soft for Food& Beverage and vending.
- Purchasing of purchase requirements of small wares, linens requirements etc.
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and pallet presentation.
- Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
- Responsible for employee’s performance evaluation, training and development.
- Proper hiring procedures as per company’s guidelines.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the department.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Report any deficiencies in equipment and facilities.