We are delighted to introduce a new dynamic to the NIHI Sumba experience. NIHI Sumba has partnered with Rascal Voyages to extend our luxury guest experience onto the waters of the Indonesian archipelago.
As friends of NIHI Sumba and leaders in luxury yacht travel in Indonesia, NIHI Sumba has formed a unique partnership with private Phinisi charter yacht Rascal. This collaboration unites our shared expertise and love for Indonesia’s beautiful archipelago. Together with Rascal Voyages, we have carefully curated some of the most sought-after and exclusive land and sea excursions in the region, allowing our Nihi Sumba guests to enjoy cruising the finest of Indonesia’s 17,508 islands in total uncompromised luxury.
Rascal has five double, en-suite cabins, all above deck, providing a unique above water accommodation experience for cruising across some of Indonesia’s most stunning seascapes in style. Paired with unforgettable dining experiences, personalised luxury service and incredible land and sea activities, a Rascal Voyage is a trip of a lifetime and now available for NIHI Sumba guests.
For bookings & further information, please contact our Travel Designers Team.
Three exclusive NIHI Sumba and Rascal itineraries have been carefully curated for our guests. Each Rascal charter is private, bespoke and tailored to your individual needs.
Starting from $35,483 based on a minimum of 7 nights (3 nights on board Rascal and 4 nights at Nihi Sumba).
Labuan Bajo to Sumba
Travel to NIHI Sumba in style on board Indonesia’s most luxurious Phinisi, taking the domestic flight to Sumba out of the equation.
Fly to Labuan Bajo direct from Jakarta and receive a VIP welcome before boarding Rascal for a private charter experience of a lifetime. The unique journey takes in Mount Agung, Gili Islands, Mount Rinjani, Gili Moyo and Komodo National Park in complete, uncompromised luxury. Once arriving in Sumba, a NIHI Sumba vehicle awaits and takes guests to Nihi Sumba.
SUGGESTED ITINERARY | 6 nights on board Rascal and 4 nights at Nihi Sumba.
Sumba to Bali
For those wanting to add an extension on to the return part of their Nihi Sumba trip.
Finish the NIHI Sumba experience in style and return to Bali on board Indonesia’s most luxurious Phinisi, avoiding the domestic flight by taking Rascal from Sumba to Bali’s Benoa harbour. The incredible journey will take in the spectacular sights of Komodo National Park, Mount Rinjani, Gili Moyo, the Gili Islands and Mount Agung in total luxury – with a wealth of surfing, snorkelling, land trekking and diving opportunities en-route.
SUGGESTED ITINERARY | 4 nights at NIHI Sumba and 8 nights on board Rascal.
Survey Expedition for Mantas
Guest will board on Rascal in Labuan Bajo and set sail towards Sumba. Upon reaching the north coast of Sumba, the Conservation International experts will begin conducting their research, in association with Manta Trust, who are on a mission to raise awareness and provide education on manta ray conservation. Guests will experience the scientists tagging mantas, and will have the opportunity to take part in fascinating exploratory dives alongside the experts.
At the end, guests will disembark at Waikelo, Sumba’s northern coastline, before being transported to the south of the island, where NIHI Sumba is situated.
SUGGESTED ITINERARY | 6 nights on board Rascal and 4 nights at NIHI Sumba.
- Onboard meals, snacks, bottled water & non-alcoholic refreshments
- 11% government tax
- Shore excursions solely to the extent set out in the itinerary
- Entrance fees and permits at our seasonal home ports (Labuan Bajo, Flores and Sorong, Papua)
- All transfer to/from shore to the ship
- Services of English-speaking Cruise Director
- Service of the crew
- Use of all water sports equipment including sea kayaks, stand-up paddle boards, dive equipment, wetsuits, snorkel equipment and fishing gear (all use subject to our policies and local regulations)
- All meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning & afternoon snacks and all non-alcoholic drinks
- 21% tax and service charges
- Return transfer from Nihi Sumba either to Tambolaka Airport or Weikelo Harbour
- Wi-Fi Internet
- Mini Bar (1 full re-stock per day)
- Tour of the Sumba Foundation Projects and mountain biking
- Activities by sea: stand-up paddle boarding and snorkeling around Nihiwatu beach (when weather conditions permit)
- Group yoga and meditation classes at the Yoga Pavilion
Terms & Conditions
• RASCAL EXCLUSIONS: En route accommodation at stopover cities at the beginning and end of the trip • Aircraft charter fees International and domestic airfare (including missed flights, cancellation or delay of flights for any reason, excess baggage fees, and any other associated costs) • Passport, visas or airport departure fees • Entry permits, ports and handling fees outside our seasonal bases • All alcoholic beverages and certain activities are subject to additional charges • Land expedition and cultural program costs not included in the approved itinerary • PADI dive certification courses • All medical care • Any special requests and resulting transportation costs incurred in acquiring requested items • Telecommunication costs for satellite phone and email charges • Repositioning fees • All taxes, charges, duties or fees levied by any governmental or public authority • Crew tips and gratuities, which are entirely at the discretion of the guests (customary gratuity is 10% of the cabin rate) • Cancellation fees • Medical and other forms of insurance procured by or for guest’s benefit Rascal Inclusions •
• NIHI EXCLUSIONS: International or domestic airfare • Alcoholic drinks and tobacco • Activities by sea: fishing trips, boat excursion, jet ski, tow surfing, spear fishing, private surf lesson, additional surfer spots • Other activities: private Yoga/Pilates/TRX instruction, waterfall treks, spa treatments • Boutique purchases • Private open-air Land Rover discovery trips • Babysitter services •